Hard-Boiled Eggs, Perfectly Cooked, Easy to Peel
Hard-boiled eggs with a beautiful yellow yolk and a shell that peels off easily.
Author: Tracy Bertram
Recipe type: Basics
- Place eggs in sauce pan.
- Fill with filtered water to ½ inch above eggs.
- Turn heat to high, bring to boil.
- Turn heat to med high, set timer for 10 mins.
- When time is up, immediately pour off hot water and run cold water into pan, adding several ice cubes. Continue until eggs are cool enough to touch.
- Dry and place in refrigerator for storage.
- When ready to eat, roll egg on countertop, breaking shell.
- Gently lift one piece of shell and pull, unwrapping the hard-boiled egg.