Molten Lava Cake -- Paleo Style
Chocolate, yummy, gooey, delicious! This Molten Lava Cake satisfies every craving -- especially paired with Paleo Vanilla Ice Cream.
Author: Tracy Bertram
Recipe type: Dessert
- 4 oz Chocolate (Semi-Sweet or Bittersweet, watch for extra sugar)
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ⅛ tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Tbs Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp Cacao Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Tbs Coconut Oil
- Heat oven to 375*
- Grease ramekins with extra coconut oil. Use some coconut flour as well, if you want to be able to remove them from the ramekins for serving.
- Large Bowl -- Melt chocolate and coconut oil using a double boiler, stir often or large microwave safe measuring cup, heat for 30 secs, stir, heat again, stir, continue.
- Small Bowl -- Add eggs, vanilla, salt and sugar to a stand mixer or electric hand mixer and beat until light and frothy.
- Pour egg mixture over chocolate.
- SIFT cacao powder and coconut flour on the top.
- Gently fold mixture to blend.
- Pour batter into greased ramekins leaving ½" at top.
- Put ramekins on baking sheet and bake for 11 - 12 mins, check for doneness.
- Serve immediately by themselves or with Paleo Vanilla Ice Cream.