Braised Short Ribs
After cooking all day, these ribs fall apart and melt in your mouth! Great served for a special occasion or any day you want an easy and delicious meal!
Author: Tracy Bertram
Recipe type: Dinner
Serves: 6 - 8
- 2 - 4 lbs Beef Short Ribs with bones
- 2 Tbs Sage Rosemary Spice
- 1Tbs Coconut Oil
- 15 oz Tomato Sauce
- 1 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 6 whole dried Dates, pits removed
- 6 cloves Garlic, smashed
- Season ribs with sage rosemary spice.
- In saute pan, melt coconut oil and sear ribs on all sides until slightly brown.
- Place ribs, dates and garlic in the bottom of crock pot or Japanese/ceramic cooking pot
- Cover with balsamic vinegar and tomato sauce.
- Cook on low for 4+ hours (fresh meat) or 8+ hours (frozen meat) in crock pot.**
- If using a Japanese/ceramic cooking pot, insert into cold oven. Turn temperature to 300*, allowing both the pot and oven to heat up together. (This prevents shocking the pot and causing breakage.) Cook for 4+ hours if roast is fresh, 6+ hours if frozen. If you need a longer cooking time, decrease the oven temperature to 250* for 6 hours fresh and 8 hours frozen.**
- When meat is falling off the bone, remove meat to serving platter.