Meatloaf -- Italian Minis
Individual portions of Paleo meatloaf made with ground beef, ground pork sausage, spinach and onions, covered in Italian pasta sauce. As good as your Mom used to make, minus the grain fillers!
Author: Tracy Bertram
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1 lb ground Beef, organic, pasture-raised, grass-fed
- 1 lb ground Pork Sausage, organic, pasture-raised, non-GMO corn fed
- 1 Egg
- 1 Onion, diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 cup Organicville brand Pasta Sauce, your favorite flavor (Paleo ok -- agave sweetened)
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Oregano, dried
- 1 tsp Basil, dried
- 1 tsp Thyme, dried
- 1 tsp Parsley, dried
- Preheat oven to 400*
- In a sauté pan, heat bacon grease or coconut oil on medium, then cook onion, garlic and spinach until softened. Set aside to cool.
- In bowl, gently combine beef, sausage and egg using hands.
- Add onion mixture, herbs and 4 Tbs pasta sauce, combine again.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, place drying rack inside pan.
- Form meat into 12+ miniature loaves, about ¼ cup each, placing on the rack.
- Spoon additional pasta sauce over top.
- Bake for 30 mins.