Best Salad Ever!
A salad to beat all salads! Flexible and delicious!
Author: Tracy Bertram
Recipe type: Lunch
- Lettuce, such as bibb, green or red leaf, spring mix, spinach
- Vegetables, such as cooked or raw broccoli, carrots, onions, peppers, sweet potato, butternut squash, cabbage, asparagus, tomatoes, brussels sprouts, mushrooms, avocado.
- Fruit, such as kiwi, pineapple, orange, pear, apple.
- Nuts, such as almonds, pecans, walnuts, cashews, macadamias, sunflower seeds, coconut.
- Meat, such as pork roast, shrimp, pot roast, short ribs, chicken, sausage, steak, bacon, deli ham, turkey, salami, hard boiled egg.
- Seasonings, such as roasted garlic, turmeric, pepper, dried or fresh oregano, basil, thyme, sage, parsley.
- Salad Dressing, such as Herbal Balsamic Vinaigrette, Citrus Vinaigrette or Honey Poppy Seed Vinaigrette.
- Wash lettuce, spin dry.
- Open refrigerator, select ingredients that seem tasty today.
- Chop vegetables and fruit.
- Choose a large bowl, add salad ingredients.
- Add meat last.
- Top with salad dressing of choice -- my favorite is Herbal Balsamic Vinaigrette
I almost always use the combination of hard boiled egg and avocado, plus bacon, because of the richness of flavors. Then I add whatever else I have on hand. That is what makes this salad so great -- it works with all savory and/or sweet ingredients you put together!